mustang ii      
Mustang II Network Forums - door handles
Mustang II Network Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Chat Users Online   Click on the Chat link to the left to join.
No users currently logged into chat
 All Forums
 Tech
 General Tech
 door handles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JIMBOB

Canada
332 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Help? This Should be simple,I am trying figure out how to remove my door handles.is it two screws ,cant tell because the heads seem to be broke off. Could some one post or send me a pic of the bolts or screws, I am worried about damaging them not sure what hols the handle to the door piece inside.Thanks

77Ghiall

Canada
712 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  11:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two types of handles were used. Older handles had studs incorporated to the handle, fastened with 2 nuts located inside the door cavity. Later model handles used two large pop rivets. Punch the centers through and drill the rivet heads, handles should come off with little resistance. Hope that helps.

Go to Top of Page

JIMBOB

Canada
332 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  4:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now that you say that they kind of look like a rivet,with a big heat that seats inside the handle.when I go to put them back on I wonder if that type of rivet can found. Thank you Terry
Go to Top of Page

77Ghiall

Canada
712 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  8:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same rivets that are used to hold the window mechanism to the inside door frame. Should be readily available at an auto parts store/body shop supply outlet. You will need the big rivet tool to install these, hint do this with two people if you have fresh paint.

Edited by - 77Ghiall on 03/13/2017 8:27:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

JIMBOB

Canada
332 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  9:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good advice,.thanks. Thought I would update on progress drilled out the rivets,took off key lock, took some doing but removed the windows, getting ready for prime. I think I will be bolting my handles back on. I,ll post some pics .Thank again guys.

Edited by - JIMBOB on 03/17/2017 06:11:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

cobraii351

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  09:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you get nice new re-pop replacement handles they will be bolt in, just saying.

Tim

351W, Ported D0OE heads,69 Shelby alum. intake, Motorsport M6250A332 cam, AOD w/wide ratio gearing, TCI Street Fighter conv., 9" 3.25 t/l, SSM subframe connectors, Heidt's Granada brake kit
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mustang II Network Forums © Copyright 1999 - 2008 Mustang II Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
  Copyright 1999 - 2015 Mustang II Network  -  Privacy Policy